This skincare course will examine how to support the health of the skin, improve its appearance, and treat skin issues including acne, eczema, and discoloration. Skincare methods range from dietary adjustments and moisturizer use to ultrasonic skin therapy. This course will explore many types of skincare and what can work for different skin types. This course is for people of different races but it has a focus on people of colour. Melanin is present in all skin types, however, dark skin tones have a higher concentration of melanin-producing cells. In response to damage, irritation, or infection, these cells can generate melanin either excessively or insufficiently. This course will further explore sun exposure, hormones, pregnancy, and therapies that cause scarring and can all lead to uneven pigmentation.
At the end of this course, participants will:
1. Understand different skin types and how to treat the disorders that come with each.
2. Learn different techniques that can help with maintaining healthy glowing skin.
3. Understand and appreciate different skincare routines.
4. Explain the different skincare processes and the importance of each.
5. Understand the effect of hormones, sunlight, and other factors on skin appearance.
6. Understand the effect of melanin, and how to improve skin appearance and treat discoloration.
7. Know the use of different types of cleansers, and moisturizers, and which work for their skin type.
Unit 1: The Skin, Anatomy, and Types [2 hours]
Unit 2: Skin Maintenance, Unwanted Hair Growth Management, and Aging [3 hours]
Unit 3: Acne and Dark Spots [3 hours]
Unit 4: Moisturizing, Cleansing, and Toning [3 hours]
Unit 5: Product labels (Guide on Choosing Products) [2 hours]
e-Biome's Skincare Course is supported by a Skincare Manual developed by our expert researchers and medical professionals.